VBIO – German Life Sciences Association
VBIO (in German: Verband Biologie, Biowissenschaften und Biomedizin) is Germany’s largest association for life sciences. It combines about 35 000 members which represent individual members, life science organisations, companies and other institutions. VBIO aims to be a strong, unifying voice for scientists, teachers, schools, universities, industries, administrations, research institutions and free-lancers.
Our members represent the entire spectrum of life sciences, from the molecular and cellular to the organismic and ecological level, also including the biomedical field.
Our mission is:
- to improve the perspectives of life sciences and those of the scientists in our society.
- to help to maintain and improve work conditions to make Germany an attractive work place for scientists.
- to strengthen and watch over the status of biology within the high school curricula.
- to encourage the next generation of biologists in high schools and universities by providing information about exciting career paths.
- to foster the interest in studies of biology and related disciplines by communicating the importance and beauty of life sciences.
- to enhance the acceptance and recognition of life sciences and scientists in our society
Would you like to help us to achieve our goals? Join the VBIO!
Learn more about our history and how we are organised
© 2007 Vbio